Friday, August 21, 2009

Everyday, Pray to Jesus!

"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."


I love reading scripture and I love prayer. Every morning and every evening I will kneel down and pray to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. In the morning, I give thanks to God for keeping me on Earth one more day and I pray to live my day as best as I can in the most Christian way that I can. I pray for wisdom and common sense, strength to handle whatever problems may come my way, patience and compassion.


In the evening, I give thanks to Jesus, for getting me through the day. This is a time I may also reflect on my sins of the day and for those parts of the day I did not live up to my own expectations as a strong Christian man; I pray to the Lord to forgive my sins and transgressions. Also, at this time, I offer the Lord my soul if he should decide to take me into his Kingdom; In death I will rejoice and praise the Lord, for I will be in his Kingdom of Heaven!


During my daily activities, I take every opportunity to pray. All those moments of the day when we wait in lines, or while we are driving from here to there or just those times when we take a break from hard work; those are prayerful times! The next time you are at a red light, or eating lunch alone or performing some task on the job take time to pray in your own special way and you will discover how hum-drum boredom can be turned into good feelings in your heart.


I also want to pray for you. Whether your problem is financial, job stress, unemployment, addiction, poor health or sexual issues I will pray for you. Complete one of the forms on this page and that will deliver to me your message. In turn, I will read every message I receive and sincerely keep you in my daily prayers.
Everyday, Pray to Jesus!
Schedule your time to pray and make it your number one priority. The Lord comes first in our lives above everything else. We all have busy and hectic lives but do not let that be an excuse to not fit prayer into your lives.
Prayer Opportunities
Take advantage of those moments we all hate; Waiting at the doctors office, Being stuck in traffic or waiting in line at the grocery store. Rather than let your blood pressure rise with anger, let Jesus make these moments Godly for you and feel the calm and peace he can deliver to you.
Take a “Prayer Escape”
No matter how good or how bad your day is going, take an a small journey into prayer! Pick up your Holy Bible and go to one of your favorite nearby places out of doors or maybe a special place in your home. Escape in prayer and scripture to the Lord. I often go down to this peaceful place by the river here in the city. Oh Praise Jesus for the peaceful and spiritual nourishment this provides for me.
“A shot in the arm”
PrayerWe all have days where we feel blue or may be struggling with some of life’s problems. It is at our worse times that prayer can give us a big boost in our day. I promise you that if you open the bible or talk to the Lord, you will soon sense a lift of your spirits. The Lord is always with us and during those rough times he is there for you. Pray to him!
Thankful Prayer
Before I enjoy any meal, even at a fast food restaurant I will always take the time to offer my gratitude and thanks to the Lord. He has given me the means to care for myself and to provide for myself. This is also a time for me to offer my prayers to those who are less fortunate. Never, ever can we forget those who are struggling in life. There are many other moments where we can offer thanks to the Lord as well. Think about all the times during a day he has blessed you;Those are the times to offer him thanks. I may have gone through a difficult situation at work and it sure does feel right when I take even only a few seconds to speak to the Lord in gratitude.
Pray against Satan
Jesus Christ was tempted by the Devil throughout his ministry. The Bible says: “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15 KJV). Prayer is our most powerful weapon to fight the evil of Satan. As much as God is with us always, Satan’s evil spirit is there to fight against our Lord and our devotion to him. Prayer will help us achieve purity for the power of prayer is far greater than any lustful desire or unclean sex act could achieve. Lust may not always be sexual as we lust for other sinful endeavors that only do harm to ourselves and compromise our relationship with God. Deep, sincere prayer will eradicate any temptation Satan may present to us. We are all sinners and we can never let our guard down against the evil of Satan.
Carry the word of God with you!
I have my one personal Bible that I keep at home for all of my home scripture reading. But I also have other Bibles so that I may have the word of God with me at all times. I keep a Bible with me at work and also have one stored in the glove compartment of my car and I have a small pocket version that I keep in my back pocket (when I am nude, I just carry the Word of God in my hands!). If your Bible is with you everywhere you go, you then have the word of God with you. Never will you miss an opportunity to offer praise and worship to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment