Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Great Day Off From Work!

Praise the Lord for all the beautiful and wondrous gifts he gives us!


God blesses us and gifts us in so many fantastic and wonderful ways. Yesterday, I was so blessed to be able to enjoy a great day off from work. It was going to be a very hot day here in the city and I decided to take a short trip a few miles north of here to Goshen Pass (see below). Goshen Pass is one of the most beautiful areas in these parts of Virginia or anywhere for that matter.

Early in the morning, I packed myself a picnic, along with my camera, binoculars and of course my Holy Bible. Here in the South, school has already been in session for some days now and discovered that I pretty much has Goshen Pass all to myself. Not a soul around! This place is so beautiful

that one has a hard time deciding where to set up "camp" for the day and I have so many favorite spots here.

During the course of the day, I was able to relax and get a little bit of sun, go swimming nude and go for a few short nude hikes as well. The waters of the Maury River was crystal clear and not all that cold. This one one place in particular is wonderful for swimming. It is if God saw that a swimming hole was needed and carved out within the rushing waters of the river is a

"lagoon" like spot where the water is tranquil and deep over my head for good swimming. Nearby, a very short hike away is a beautiful forest of very tall pine trees, so pristine and quiet with a beautiful floor of pine needles and no other growth. It like walking on a soft carpet! And just a short ways from there is a bend in the river with a footbridge to take you to other wonderful trails. Nude hiking at its finest!

The whole entire day was magnificent and I can only wonder if God is providing me with a

"preview" of his heavenly Kingdom for Goshen Pass is one of those few places that to me is as close to heaven on earth than a man can experience.



Thank you Lord for giving me so many beautiful spots!

Praise Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment