Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just a Closer Walk with Thee

Did I tell you I LOVE JESUS! ?



I love good old fashion Christian Music. I won't dwell into it much here, but I have very serious and grave reservations in regard to the Christian Rock, Hip Hop and Rap I hear today. It all sounds a bit too Satanic to me.

One of my old time favorites is the hymn, Take a Closer Walk with Thee. Beautiful simple lyrics where so much is said in so few words. I never tire of listening to this hymn and often sing it to myself. Each time I hear it, it moves me so much as a Christian. At my Dad's funeral last year, I invited everyone to join me in singing this great son. It was one of his favorites. It gives me such great comfort that he is with the Lord in his Kingdom. He passed at 93, and witnessed his Salvation to me at 92.

Here are the Lyrics to this beautiful hymn.

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
Refrain:
Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.
When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment